- 31 days: The Vols' recruiting plan
- Butch Jones' staff flips eight players in all
- Signing Day 2013: Butch Jones is still recruiting
- Butch Jones talks about selling the UT brand to recruits and parents
- Signing Day 2013: Butch Jones on the Vols' new quarterbacks
- Butch Jones' opening statements on Signing Day 2013
Vonn Bell knew his choice was going to ruffle some feathers, but in making the biggest decision of his life the Ridgeland High School five-star football recruit did the most basic of things.
He listened to his parents.
Bell ignored the pleas of friends and area fans -- and his own heart -- on national signing day when he chose to continue his football career at Ohio State. The top-50 national recruit chose Urban Meyer's Buckeyes over the program he's always rooted for, Tennessee, and the two-time defending national champion, Alabama.
"It was difficult," said Bell, noting that the Volunteers were his second choice. "I had to really block out everything. My parents kept telling me that this is your decision, you're the one that has to go play, so don't let other people make it for you."