- 31 days: The Vols' recruiting plan
- Butch Jones' staff flips eight players in all
- Signing Day 2013: Butch Jones is still recruiting
- Butch Jones talks about selling the UT brand to recruits and parents
- Signing Day 2013: Butch Jones on the Vols' new quarterbacks
- Butch Jones' opening statements on Signing Day 2013
KNOXVILLE — For just the second time since he became the Tennessee football coach on Dec. 7 of last year, Butch Jones will return to his Cincinnati home Friday to spend some long overdue quality time with his wife Barbara and three sons.
"I'm going to watch [Alex] play basketball that night," Jones said Wednesday afternoon following his national signing day news conference. "It will be the first day I've taken off since I was hired."
He'd earlier quipped, "I'm going to buy stock in 5-Hour Energy."
Hard work doesn't always bring results. And after enduring four losing seasons in the past five years, the Big Orange Nation wants results they can believe in, results that -- as one UT athletic department employee noted Tuesday -- "bring hope for a brighter future."