Chamique Holdsclaw indicted on six charges

Chamique Holdsclaw

Photo by Chad Greene, 2012

Chamique Holdsclaw

ATLANTA — Prosecutors say a former WNBA player and Olympic gold medalist is being indicted on charges stemming from a November 2012 shooting.

Fulton County District attorney’s spokeswoman Yvette Jones says a six-count indictment charges 35-year-old Chamique Holdsclaw with aggravated assault, criminal damage and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

The former Tennessee Lady Vol star was arrested after an argument with former Tulsa Shock player Jennifer Lacy, who told police she was Holdsclaw’s ex-girlfriend. The two also were Atlanta Dream teammates in 2009.

Police say Holdsclaw broke the windows to Lacy’s car and shot at it. No one was injured.

After a late-November appearance in Fulton County Magistrate Court, Holdsclaw’s attorney said he talked with Lacy and they were trying “to resolve the case in the best way possible.”

eVOLved writes:

Free Jodi Arias and Chamique Holdsclaw. Jodi because she's a freak and Chamique because her crime is understandable: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T2jmWh763pE...

Orangeblood13 writes:

I agree wow lol

volzall writes:

what a waist

63vet (Inactive) writes:

Wow!! I wish we could all get the same pictures! I couldn't even see her waist! I miss everything!

Flyfisherman writes:

My waist has expanded through the years.

punkin writes:

in response to eVOLved:

That looks like Octomom!!!!

vettefool writes:

I hope she gets her life straightened out. she was one of the greats in lv basketball. hopefully the lady vol program can assist her if she is willing to accept the help.

DICK_MASTERSON_N_TENN (Inactive) writes:

whatthe84 writes:

When this first happened and was reported I was taken aback! Our little Chamigue the role model who raced up and down Thompson Boling to the cheers of the orange and white faithful was arrested for doing these awful things. I wanted to not believe it, how could it be true? Then I continued to read the rest of the report and I find she perpetrated this act on her "girlfriend", did I read this right...how could it be...please tell me I am dreaming...wake me up! Chamigue had a girlfriend, she was a lesbian, no no no, don't tell me, but alas it is true. As it turns out Chamigue has a very, very, very bad temper, she carries a gun and has a girlfriend, wow total shock really. She must have been tormented while a lady vol having to suppress all those anger issues and her lifestyle and all. Good luck Chamigue you will always be our vol for life number one player. GBO

DICK_MASTERSON_N_TENN (Inactive) writes:

Bark_at_the_Moon writes:

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to whatthe84:

A lesbian women's basketball player???? Say it isn't so!

ColdBlackWind writes:

in response to 10seVol85_Part_Deux:

A lesbian women's basketball player???? Say it isn't so!

I wonder what the percentage is for alternative lifestyle coaches and players in womens basketball?? I am guessing about the same as the men in figure skating.

Henley-Street-Bridge writes:

I guess we now know who the guy was in that relationship (and the reason guys always go to jail first, no matter what happened)

richvol writes:

What a nutjob.

ronburgundy (Inactive) writes:

Wow. Now that's good reading. Good grief. Man hating giant lesbian gangsta wanna be with a bad atitude and over worked eye brows. Can't make this stuff up.

I really hate that Chamique's life has come to this. We only got hints and rumors of her mental/emotional difficulties while she was at UT. Now we have to wonder if that was because the LV program was so supportive and nurturing that the problems just didn't manifest themselves or if information about them was suppressed to protect the image of the program and her privacy. Either way, it is clear she has major emotional problems. There is absolutely NO WAY she could get the 65(!) years of prison time entailed in the possible charges against her, but she is at least in for a prolonged period of intensive therapy. I hope she gets the help she needs to realize her still-vast potential in life. She certainly was one of a kind on the basketball court!

DICK_MASTERSON_N_TENN (Inactive) writes:

Take down the jersey! I have heard for years how much integrity and character the LV's carry themselves and will not tolerate any non-sense. Well, the best player of all-time of the program is facing multiple felonies. Its time we take down the retired jersey, and re-name the street to another reputable former player.

1998 writes:

Unbelievable! Who woulda dreamed that Chamique was that way!

voloffaith writes:

in response to DICK_MASTERSON_N_TENN:

Even though we all know you are a reinvented(since other name(s) banned) the thought has to be taken into consideration. At the time of it's retiring her life was stable as we knew it. Or do they leave the banner to a great basketball player as that was how it found the rafters to start with? Either way sad that her life has come to this now. Chamique used to have a Psalm as her guide from the days of her tight relationship with her grandmother. Hope she repents and finds forgiveness in Jesus and makes things right with Him and the others offended.

I wonder how many people who are giving Chamique and the LV program a hard time over this laugh at people with broken legs because they walk funny. Mental illness is just that, an illness. I hope Chamique gets the treatment she needs and I would hope genuine LV fans, or just all decent people, could have a little more compassion and understanding, but maybe I hope for too much.

Theo writes:

in response to whatthe84:

Why does sad news always bring the jerks out? I guess your life is so bad that only someone elses difficulties bring you any joy. Why don't you get a therapist and quit kicking people when they are down. Jeez.

Theo writes:

in response to DICK_MASTERSON_N_TENN:

Such an appropriate name.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to ColdBlackWind:

Or in men's basketball and football, for that matter. Not that it SHOULD matter. We really don't know in any case, and I for one have never worried about it for a second. The issue is not the "alternative lifestyle", it is the documented existence of Chamique's mental/emotional problems even while she was at UT which have clearly continued to plague her ever since.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor ask copy-write infringement? Witch Doctor may have written it! Witch Doctor and Huey go way back.
Bones never lie.

whatthe84 writes:

in response to Theo:

Go back to sleep "Theo". Who rattled you cage anyway? I don't need a therapist unlike Chamigue who is pulling a gun on someone jeez and you are dogging me out you must be crazy dude. Is she down at this point, who knows maybe she is still free falling and has not hit bottom yet. Jeez! And I am not going to call you a jerk since I don't really even know you and I have not read any articles about your exploits unlike some others. But if you get mad and lose your temper with your signifcant other and you pull a gun on them and threaten to kill them, and its get in the news and on govols.com well Theo I will make a comment. That is what this site is for get over it.