Mark Wiedmer: Despite win, this UK team not like Cal's top Cats

Tennessee's Jordan McRae, middle, is wrapped up by, from left, Kentucky's Julius Mays, Alex Poythress, and Nerlens Noel during the second half of an NCAA college basketball game at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky., Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013. Kentucky defeated Tennessee 75-65. (AP Photo/James Crisp)

LEXINGTON, Ky. — In many years, with many Kentucky basketball teams, a 75-65 victory over Tennessee would have been reasonable cause for the winning coach to be happy.

And UK boss John Calipari was happy after Tuesday's win by that score. At least he was happier than had he lost.

"The last seven or eight years," he began, "I've coached teams that have absolutely whomped on people."

Continue reading at the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

BrassMonkey writes:

First. It is still very easy to out class a lame duck Martin coached team.

Ayres_Hall writes:

Mark Wiedmer is a media room buffett loving UK fan. Nevermind his big fat opinion.

wigmeister writes:

Kentucky is not a powerhouse this year. They were beatable last night. Unfortunately, we weren't the team to do it. Sloppy ball handling and passing. Triple teamed players not throwing the ball out quickly to an open teammate. Mediocre rebounding. Always a half step behind the other player. Need better coaching to improve the skill sets of our players. Should have beaten them.

texasvols writes:

Better luck next time!

volforeverandever writes:

in response to BrassMonkey:

First. It is still very easy to out class a lame duck Martin coached team.

Coach Martiin will be our coach next year.He is not a lame duck.

BrassMonkey writes:

in response to volforeverandever:

Coach Martiin will be our coach next year.He is not a lame duck.

Gosh I guess we should really care about your coaching commentary. Seeing as you said the same thing about Dooley and Sal. Remember this? I do.

"Fla.is awful.Looks like it isn`t Dooley on the hot seat.Read the Fla.site they are are coming unglued.I feel much better about our chances.The defense is so so but the offense is terrible.Sal against the Clawfence and Bray against a so so defence that will be fun."

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to BrassMonkey:

gosh I guess we should really care that you are a troll

BrassMonkey writes:

in response to VolFanInTheBoro:

gosh I guess we should really care that you are a troll

I comment on what goes on within the basketball and football programs, and I am have been consistently correct with my predictions for the programs. I comment on the teams and coaches while others attack me personally.

Just because I am not a sunshine pumping sheep who thinks every newly hired coach is the greatest in UT's history does not make me a troll. UT's athletic program is pitiful at the moment. As soon as I see something different my comments will reflect that.

Just go ahead and admit that you were wrong about Dooley, Sal, and soon to be Coach Martin.

gc_scvol writes:

in response to BrassMonkey:

Sitting and waiting for a new article so you can post first must really be a miserable little life. That's right, you didn't have to go to school today because it rained. Secondly, they call people who wait until a team is winning to support them a bandwagoner. That's you, in case no one ever told you. My TENNESSEE VOLS are better off without bandwagoners like you anyway, so do us all a favor and go away and STHU.

gc_scvol writes:

Hey monkey's arse, how about this quote from you in Sept. 2009. "Calhoun is the next coach. Hamilton was in Denver not with corporate sponsors, but meeting with Calhoun the day Kiffin left because he already knew Kiffin was gone. Consistantly Correct. I think not. Constantly miserable,, I think so.

pomp_and_circumstance writes:

Trolls are trolls, and Weidmer is no Sherlock Holmes. Half of last year's Cats went to the NBA. Even Ky. has to rebuild with highly talented virgins.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to BrassMonkey:

No ,we are not wrong in saying Coach Martin will be here next year.You said he is a lame duck coach and he is not.Nowhere did anyone say he was the best coach ever.I am not happy with the loses and do not know of a Vol fan that is.The team did show improvement against Ky.Coach Martin has a very good class coming in next year that will help.Again He will be our coach next year.
Yes you are a troll.