Jeronne Maymon helps Vols with clinic

(C. B. Schmelter/Chattanooga Times Free Press)

University of Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon, left, helps Keaton Whaley, 5, up off the court while warming up for the 2013 Cuonzo Martin Basketball Camp at Cleveland High School on Tuesday. (C. B. Schmelter/Chattanooga Times Free Press)

CLEVELAND — Tuesday afternoon at Cleveland High School, Jeronne Maymon put his University of Tennessee basketball teammate Jordan McRae on notice.

"I haven't played Jordan in so long. If we played right now he'd probably demolish me," Maymon said. "But by late July, early August, it's going to be a different story. I'm telling him now to get prepared."

Maymon and McRae were two of the eight Volunteers players at the S.H.O.T clinic, where 75 campers were put through a myriad of drills to enhance their abilities.

Maymon's skills might be a little rusty, as the 2011-12 All-SEC second-team player missed all of last season with a knee injury. His return, along with McRae's emergence and a solid recruiting class, has raised the expectations to those outside the program.

Continue reading at the Times Free Press

SummittsCourt writes:

This should be a great year for UT basketball both men's and women's!

Go Vols!

bobbyal52#1417564 writes:

M&M are winners,I expect good times in march!!!!

mocsandvolsfan writes:

I like it. But I live close to an M&M's plant. I smell chocolate all the time.

I really like what Maymon said about the scoring in the last few quotes. 5 guys scoring 12 is better than one scoring 20. 'Course 5 scoring 20'd be nice.

I'm expecting some triple triples from Maymon and Stokes this next year. And some for our guards as well McRae. Hubbs just get it going as soon as you can.

We definately have potential for every player who gets to the floor to score now. If he can't he'll have plenty to pass to. Can you tell I'm excited for this next year?

For the Mocs I'm excited about like I am for the UT football. ??? New coaches in men's and ladies bball.

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

I like it. But I live close to an M&M's plant. I smell chocolate all the time.

Triple-DOUBLES, perhaps! Slip of the keyboard; brain freeze; senior moment; we've all been there.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to johnlg00:

hehe! I wonder what a triple triple would be?
Hard I suppose.

I credit it to over enthusiasm for the next year.

0ver 9 points

over 9 rebounds

over 9 assists

or anything that would constitute a well balanced performance.

However I DID mean triple doulbes.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

doubles!!

You know they'd get a lot less posts if they'd put in an edit button. hmm