Govols247: Vols land 2015 Fla. linebacker

Rising junior linebacker Cecil Cherry of Frostproof (Fla.) High School, who's expected to be one of the nation's top linebackers in the 2015 class, committed to Tennessee on Friday.

Photo by govols247

Cecil Cherry traveled to Tennessee’s campus for the first time this week, making his first college visit outside the state of Florida.

It didn’t take long for him to get his mind set on the Vols.

Continue reading at govols247.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Another 2015 recruit really says a lot about how thorough CBJ & staff are. I can't remember another staff in UT history recruiting at such a torrid pace..Great job, coaches'..

Ironcity writes:

He doesn't look like he has good intentions in that profile picture. Man he looks mean. Glad he will be on our side.

florida-volfan writes:

Damm that's a big ugly SOB....kinda resembles Al Wilson a little. No offense to either one but that's what UT has been missing for quite a while now...some big mean uglies.

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Neither can I, Frostproof, Fla. sounds familiar though. Alvin Harper's hometown I think.

utvolfan1955 writes:

A lot can happen between now and 2015 but this kid is a beast.

TDTN writes:

Hometown of The Cheese, Travis Henry,

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to lemme_axya_this:

Yep, Alvin Harper and Travis Henry both were Frostproofians..lol

Playsomeorange writes:

Emmitt Smith is from Frostproof, if I remember at my age!

Playsomeorange writes:

in response to Playsomeorange:

Emmitt Smith is from Frostproof, if I remember at my age!

I'm old, it was Travis Henry!

Stepchild_nFL writes:

in response to TDTN:

Hometown of The Cheese, Travis Henry,

This dude looks like he was chiseled from the same block.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Playsomeorange:

Emmitt Smith is from Frostproof, if I remember at my age!

Emmitt Smith played at Escambia H/S. I think it's in Pensacola Fl. Anyway, Frostproof has been very good for U.T. over the years G.B.O.!!!

chattabluetick writes:

Another brick in the wall. Plenty of good bricks layed on a solid foundation = A bright future for the Tennessee Vols----- Go CBJ and Go Big Orange!

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Speaking of mean looks, I remember several years ago seeing the picture of a kid who had just signed with the Vols. I commented to a friend that he was the meanest looking high school kid I'd ever seen. It was Al Wilson. You're right about this one, he looks irritable enough.

123forVOLS writes:

I can hear the pads a'popping already and hope nothing changes in this young man's mind by 2015. I hope we get to see him knocking some heads on Rocky Top.
PS I hope he is more Alvin Harper type on character and more T. Henry on knocking people around.

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Yep, Alvin Harper and Travis Henry both were Frostproofians..lol

It figures a Vols/Cowboys fan would know a little about Alvin Harper.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to lemme_axya_this:

It figures a Vols/Cowboys fan would know a little about Alvin Harper.

Actually I knew Alvin's mother before he was recruited to UT. She and I worked together for the Dept of Corrections, and she is one wonderful person. I knew Alvin would be a great player for UT because he came from a great family. Being drafted by my Cowboys was just icing on the cake. HBTV! & HBTC!

Olcrow writes:

in response to 123forVOLS:

yep,instead of knocking people up

BolivrBob writes:

Over 20 offers including Bama and Ohio St. Tommy Thigpen, lead recruiter

antonio14313 writes:

Nice smile! This guy has ill intentions. The future is bright!!! That is, unless you're meeting this LB in a gab. Go Vols!

t

VolAtUGA11 writes:

in response to lemme_axya_this:

Travis Henry, if I remember right.

dragon18 writes:

in response to utvolfan1955:

A lot can happen between now and 2015 but this kid is a beast.

LOL! He's really good, D1 material for sure, but he's not ready for the SEC! Oh wait, he's just in the 10th grade in that footage. GEEZ, That kid will be a beast by the time he gets on campus.

SevenT writes:

I guess Florida didn't recruit him so he got the consolation prize

6972 writes:

This kid looks like he wakes up in a bad mood,chews nails for breakfast, sucks on lemons for lunch, and devours a couple of large pizzas for supper. And that is one of his good days.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to 6972:

No doubt..He's perfect.

rbwtn writes:

Personally I wish this meant something except just filling space. there's probably over a 80% chance he'll change his mind. Remember they are only kids and love the hype!

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to rbwtn:

That's true, but last year at this time UT only had 2 commits for the 2013 class. Now, we're looking at 15 for the 2014 class, 6 for the 2015 class and 2 for the 2016 class. It's kind of hard not to be optimistic when you see a coach hitting the recruiting trail so strong without even coaching a single game yet. GBO!!

Olddogsrule writes:

in response to SevenT:

I guess Florida didn't recruit him so he got the consolation prize

Uhhhh 24/7 listed Smart. Talented, Devastating, Young Mr. Cherry as a solid swamp lizzard ..... WRONG!!!!

Welcome to the Vols Cecil! Do good in school and on the field! Can't wait to see you play, and when you smash through to a sack, we'll be cheering you on!

Cherry! Cherry! Cherry! Cherry B-O-M-B-E-D!

You do know Maremont plant right here in Lenoir City makes the Cherry Bomb Glasspack. We need to hear a muscle car fitted with Cherry Bombs revvin' up on the PA each time Cecil makes a sack!

vol98champ writes:

I drove past Frostproof last week and remembered how good the town had been to UT. It just might become my favorite Florida town.

voloffaith writes:

in response to SevenT:

I guess Florida didn't recruit him so he got the consolation prize

Is that katstucky? OOPs Coach Stoops doesn't play hoops.....Envy is a hard pill to swaller....At least he is committed now....he sees AJ Johnson and Maggit will have graduated and an opportunity is brightly shining his way.....

utvolfan1955 writes:

in response to GeauxTeamScribe:

Brett are you just mad cause your son couldn't make it at UT

VolsLegacy_1970 writes:

in response to GeauxTeamScribe:

Well ole Franklinberry ain't exactly tearing it up at candy. He's 1-2 against Tennessee with no wins against top 25 competition, He's managed to dodge the good teams from the Western Division until this year...Texas A&M...Uh-Oh! As for candy...2-28 against Tennessee in their last 30 meetings!? Candy may reach 7-5 this season which is great for them. Any more comments or questions fruit-loop? In 2 to 3 years Tennessee will have made up enough ground in recruiting to compete with upper echelon of the SEC while candy will still be candy.

Tru138 writes:

in response to SevenT:

I guess Florida didn't recruit him so he got the consolation prize

Wrong again dipsh**. Ya'll keep recruiting them 7th graders. How does that play into your "It's a long way til signing day" bs?

Voltransplant writes:

When they had him lined up at RB, he looked kinda like this guy.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_U6yNYEAQo

mikethehistorystudent writes:

Mr. Cecil Cherry,

I hope to see you play for UT on day, and if that does happen please remember sportsmanship. I saw your highlight video and you're talented, but keep it classy.