UT legacy Creamer commits to Vols

Three-star wide receiver Neiko Creamer of Eastern Christian Academy in Elkton, Md., committed to Tennessee on Monday.

Photo by govols247

Neiko Creamer has described himself as a “Future Tennessee Volunteer” on his personal Twitter account for the past couple of months.

He finally decided Monday to make it official.

Continue reading at govols247.com

SignalMtnVol writes:

Excellent! Keep picking up the legacies. Bates and the Berry's will make excellent additions!

Big_Orange_Aide writes:

What's the latest on Bates and the Berrys'? Keep up the great work CBJ and staff!!!!

RockVegas writes:

Way to bring'em in coach,I love when they are interested early,we have the best chance of keeping them...GBO.

voloffaith writes:

Just forewarning ya'LL the nilly willy naysayers will point out that he is only 3*. Of course, we all know that rating can increase or decrease depending on your seasons performance. Welcome to big Orange country!!!

HooRay_Vol writes:

Some mighty big arms on that kid for a WR....

SummittsCourt writes:

Awesome!

orange_eVOLution writes:

Sweet. He's gonna be a beast for the VOLS!!

jt45 writes:

Coach Jones is really bringing the Vol nation back together, these kids wouldnt be coming on board so quick if the Fathers/Parents didnt like what they are seeing. No one can dispute the fact that he has been first class towards our former players and in state recruits. This in itself will go a long way in helping to build a solid foundation in the Football program once again.

laraccoon writes:

in response to SignalMtnVol:

if we could get the ones you mentioned to commit, and commit early that could really avalanche into one heck of a recruiting class , and right where it would be the most vital ,defense .

gohawks1 writes:

If you don't already own it, get the DVD of "The 1985 Sugar Vols" and watch the Vols beat the tar out of Miami in the Sugar Bowl. While you're at it, keep your eye on #1 Andre Creamer. Hope this kid is as good as his dad was in that game... he has good genes.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Andre was one of my favorite Vols of all-time, I know Neiko will do us proud just like his dad..GBO!

sly_stone99#434111 writes:

Kids got great size for the SEC. (period)

pingkr62 writes:

I think the best thing about these legacy commitments is their fathers were winners. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. G.B.O.!!!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to gohawks1:

I watched that game live. According to the national media coverage before the game, Tennessee had no business on the field with the mighty Hurricanes, and the game would be a sure blow out. When Miami scored on their opening drive, I thought it would be a long night for my Vols. Of course it turned out to be a long night for Miami. That was one of the greatest wins in Tennessee history. Needless to say, I WAS PROUD. G.B.O.!!!

Vols_For_The_Win writes:

in response to pingkr62:

I watched the game live, while living in Florida.

I def recall the announcers telling everyone that UT didn't belong in the game, and even added a "see?" after the opening kickoff.

First day back at School after Christmas break was fun in my Big Orange Sweatshirt.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Vols_For_The_Win:

I watched the game live, while living in Florida.

I recorded the game on an "old" VHS tape. I watched the game so many times, the tape broke. Happy days!

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to pingkr62:

The same thing happened to mine. The last viewing was at the Sigma Chi house at ETSU in 1989.

MooseandSquirrelVol writes:

in response to gohawks1:

I have it. I watch it.

Retiredvol writes:

Number 14 on Scout.com.....so far GO VOLS!!!

voloffaith writes:

in response to MooseandSquirrelVol:

I have it. I watch it.

Uncle recorded it for me way back. B4 mine goes the same route I'll have put on dvd. Now I've just got to find it....Jimmy Johnson and his crew of bad boys....

pingkr62 writes:

in response to gohawks1:

I remember Andre Creamer, and the other corner, Victor Peppers. Both were undersized even back then. Both were well under six feet tall. Johnny Majors was quoted as saying "They can both jump out of town". They were great players. G.B.O.!!!

TopTenn writes:

Butch ain't playing.

volgrog#210164 writes:

I remember Andre Creamer running back a punt against Alabama in 1984 to set up the winning touchdown by T. Robinson. Great game. I helped take down the South goal post. Hope the statute of limitations is over. Welcome Neiko. Hope you get to help TN come back like your dad did.

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to MooseandSquirrelVol:

I have it. I watch it.

Miami safety Bennie Blades was supposed to be a superman type athlete at safety. Not only did Jeff Powell out run him to the end zone, but Tim McGee passed him too.

manniesghost1903 writes:

If Coach Jones can get Kelly,Bates and the Berry twins to commit and sign with UT, it will be the base for great recruiting for several years to come.

GR82BTNVOL writes:

in response to pingkr62:

I watched the game live also and remember that Vinny Testaverde after that opening drive was looking at the Sugar Dome roof from a lying position for almost the whole game.

MooseandSquirrelVol writes:

in response to lemme_axya_this:

Yeah. And Michael Irvin and Vinny T were supposed to beat us by themselves!

Supersayin1 writes:

WRU in full effect No one will match up well against our WR's over the next few years!! Now all we need is a stud RB or 3!!! Go VOLS!!

utvolfan1955 writes:

I wonder how Johnny_Aint_No_Del_Shofner will put a negative spin on this

volfaninbuckeyeland writes:

If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was Keith Jackson & Frank Broyles who were the announcers for that game, and I still recall Jackson's words after Miami's 1st & only td:"And it looks like the route is on." Wow what a day for Tn! Got to admit that at the time, I was expecting the worst, like when the BB team played Kansas a few years back. Thank goodness for those bright spots.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to GR82BTNVOL:

Yes, Dale Jones, Kelly Zeigler,"Big" Richard Cooper and company put an absolute beat down the Miami offense. G.B.O.!!!

oldster writes:

I remember that the Vols had a Coffee on the same team with Creamer.

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to volfaninbuckeyeland:

Later in the game, Jackson said "If this keeps up I'm gonna know all the words to Rocky Top".

Mama_Also_Calls_Me_Precious writes:

I remember watching that game live and thinking how would we be able to stop vinny t with both our three and four year starting corners out with injuries. Peppers and creamer did a great job replacing those starters. oh and I clearly remember Tennessee having many more fans there than Miami did. 1985 was a great year for college football. Penn st should have won the nc that year. Epic fail by joe pa. Keith Jackson frank Broyles have to be the best broadcasting pair ever for college football

VolsFanInAfghanistan writes:

Now this is TENNESSEE football. Not one negative post so far. Memories are forever. Bring back those big orange pride days. If CBJ can show the legacies that they have a place at Tennessee others will come as well. For those waiting to give us some negative karma take that phooey to your own page. THIS IS BIG ORANGE COUNTRY!!!!!! Time for Tennessee football.

volinlouisvilleky writes:

My son was born that day (2 months premature)...I tease him he came out so early just to see the Vols kick Miami's butt! What a great day for me as a Vol fan and new father to remember!

GoVols!

TexasVolMD writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Don't forget Mark Hovanic! That boy was a beast!

MetroplexMojo writes:

in response to lemme_axya_this:

Here's a link to the game....

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to MetroplexMojo:

Here's a link to the game....

Thanks Ms. Metro.

in response to pingkr62:

A great night for the Vols, indeed! When the Vols got going, the noise inside the Superdome was AMAZING! I was lucky enough to be there. All the pre-game hype was about whether Miami could beat UT bad enough to get in the national championship conversation. Before the game, I was in a crowd of Vol fans along the path the team was taking from the hotel to the Superdome. When Tim McGee walked by me, I said, "Go get 'em, Tim!" He looked at me, smiled, and wagged both thumbs as if to say, "Relax; we got this!" They did, too!