Govols247: Antonio Barton transferring to Tennessee Vols, per brother

Memphis guard Antonio Barton (2) passes Tennessee guard Skylar McBee (13) in the second half of an NCAA college basketball game on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2012, in Memphis. Barton has since transferred to Tennessee and enrolled in classes on Monday.

Photo by Lance Murphey, Associated Press

Tennessee seems to be replacing one quality, experienced guard with another quality, experienced guard.

Antonio Barton, a rising senior who spent the past three seasons at the University of Memphis, according to a Sunday Twitter post from his NBA-playing brother and former college teammate.

Continue reading at govols247.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

This is huge for our BB Vols!!

Original_Witch_Doctor writes:

Witch Doctor says this fills a big void. Primed for an NCAA run in March.
Bones never lie.

Snapshot writes:

Doesn't this mean someone else has to go? I thought they were at the scholarship limit.

movol53 writes:

Will he be eligible to play this Fall?? Moving from one D 1 school to another; I thought he would have to sit out one year.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to Original_Witch_Doctor:

Witch Doctor says this fills a big void. Primed for an NCAA run in March.
Bones never lie.

Witch Doctor say you primed with jealousy of me..wheres those links you promised? You said you was me before I was me..?
Bones never lie.

CoverOrange writes:

in response to Snapshot:

From two over to one under with the Golden exit. Now back to even with Barton on board and eligible for this fall.

AtopTheHill06 writes:

Its always good to get a player with a chip on his shoulder. Antonio is hungry to prove himself and not to mention he is very talented. He should add the missing piece for the Vols this winter

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Snapshot:

I think with Golden's departure there should be an opening..

chipmurphy461 writes:

Very exciting news, BUT undoubtedly contingent upon his immediate eligibility

volfan2002 writes:

in response to Snapshot:

No scholarships are exactly right.

jhayes0926#638474 writes:

in response to movol53:

he is a graduate student. Doesn't have to sit.