Tennessee tries to take next step in program's 'evolution' with road victory at Missouri

Vols have lost 10 straight SEC games away from home

Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs (11) during the second half against Alabama Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Ala.  (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Michael Patrick, copyright © 2013

Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs (11) during the second half against Alabama Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Ala. (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

Tennessee has played miserably in three road losses this year, but given the Vols’ opponents, the venue might not have mattered.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

eepwlg writes:

I like this Coach! Positive, motivating, demands respect. These players are lucky to have Coach Jones and I believe they play their best because of that. He is changing the loser culture developed under the previous coach. The players are gaining confidence each week, despite the pounding by the red team last week. I am looking forward to our good VOLS tonight.

Orange_Power_T writes:

Off topic- but the picture on the home page of Dobbs shows him reading the defense as he is making the hand off. Every picture I've seen of Worley in that situation (four to be exact) shows him looking at the ball carrier. I would think it difficult to "read" the defense if it's based on where they lined up prior to the snap.
I really like this Dobbs kid. I hope he has a breakout game this evening.

Caneoverthere writes:

GBO! I like the Vols chances tonight.

slb1zellwood#1421797 writes:

Justin has given us everything he has and for that we should show the young man the respect he deserves for "Giving His All For Tennessee". Now it is time for Josh to see what he can do to move us forward. Good luck Son.

pingkr62 writes:

I'm looking forward to an exciting game tonight. Some are saying Mizzou will beat Tennessee easily, but I disagree. If the Vols can start fast, and play a near perfect game, Tennessee WILL win. G.B.O.!!!

GerryOP writes:

8-4 is still possible. Go Vols!

STLVOLS writes:

My son will be at game because he is a Mizzou grad. I am a Vol grad and will watch from comfort of home in St. Louis area.

I, too, support Butch Jones and Vols. Check out both Rivals.com and scout.com. Vols still ranked # 2 in nation for recruiting next year.