UT assistant Tommy Thigpen: Auburn has the tools

UT assistant says Auburn has all the tools

UT assistant Tommy Thigpen: Auburn has the tools

Photo by Danny Johnston

Twenty-two months after celebrating a national championship, Tommy Thigpen was looking for a new job.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

TommyJack writes:

Not a bad piece, Woodbery. But pretty sure I don't need to read about Cam Newton.

BrassMonkey writes:

Congrats Auburn. 3 weeks ago a poster on here would tell you that TN was the most improved team in the country. Now Butch Jones is throwing the team under the bus saying we have no team speed or depth. Another beat down this weekend and a loss to either KY or Vandy and it is going to start feeling very Dooleyish in Vol country. The Butch slappers and coach worshipers are no where to be found and when they are they revert back to the same old excuses and refuse to hold a coaching staff accountable when our team shows up unprepared.

halhhaynes#364264 writes:

Have to say that if you do not see the obvious improvement in the current product under Jones, which includes one of the nations best recruiting efforts, then you simply are not being objective. I think any sane football fan would have said a 6-6 season with the brutal schedule would be just about right. Thus far, we are indeed on course to do such. Not sure why Brassmonkey is such a "Debbie Downer" but as a Vol fan since 1970, I do indeed see improvement and can't wait to see the guys line it up this weekend and see where it all goes. My hunch is that this game, much like the UGA contest will come down to the wire. GO VOLS! Not feeling "Dooleyish" at all!

BrassMonkey writes:

in response to halhhaynes#364264:

The Georgia game, the Oregon game, the Bama game, the Florida, and the Missouri game were our biggest games of the year. Florida is not very good at all this year, and we got thumped. I will not even mention the Bama, Oregon, and Missouri games, because we should have stayed home. Everyone thinks the Georgia game was fantastic, but we lost. Also, in reality, we only showed up for 2 quarters of football and were trailing 17-3 at halftime. I am ready to see Butch put together full games on the field. 4-5 is unacceptable. This team is bad and heading downhill.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to halhhaynes#364264:

Great post! I see improvement as well. One thing this team is doing, that it hasn't done in years, is play hard in the second half and finish games, win or lose. I have been a Vol football fan since 1972, and like you, I remember how bad we were in the mid-late 70's. I know CBJ will lead the Vols back to greatness in a short time. Also, don't pay any attention to B.M. he's a left over troll. G.B.O.!!!

halhhaynes#364264 writes:

Brassmonkey.....I simply do not see the same team that you are seeing as compared to the previous three years. I don't have cataracts yet, but I am quite certain that I see this year as much improved over the last three editions of Vols. These young men and the staff are giving it their all and for that I salute the effort and do indeed see it as much improved over the past three years. My $0.02 worth!