Antonio Barton's choice to attend Tennessee supported by family

Adam Lau/News Sentinel

Photo by Adam Lau

Adam Lau/News Sentinel Antonio Barton, bottom, stretches with teammates during men’s basketball practice at Pratt Pavillion on Oct. 2.

On Monday evening, after his teammates exited into the night, he walked to the corner of the court and pointed his cell phone up, so his daughter could see the larger-than-life image of her dad.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

Dickattrade writes:

Great story. Now Antonio help make us a great team.

Awfully glad to have him. Hope he is good to go on Tuesday. He doesn't have to be a statistical star to be one of the most important players on the team. He just needs to be the glue that welds them into a unit, hopefully a champion unit.

wigmeister writes:

in response to Dickattrade:

Great story. Now Antonio help make us a great team.

Can't agree more.

VictorKrugerII writes:

Nice story, Ben. I've noticed that Barton is smiling in most of not all of the pictures I've seen on this site. I have a feeling that his attitude and outlook are really going to help this team do great things. Can't wait until the game this Tuesday. Go Vols!

bUTch__please writes:

The X-factor.

Zo Vols!

in response to VictorKrugerII:

I've noticed that about Barton, too. Every time I see him, the term "happy warrior" comes to mind. I agree with you that his apparent disposition might be as important to this team as his talent. In this age where the "cool pose" seems as important to young players as their ability to play the game, it is great to see guys who are visibly enthusiastic about what they do.

BenFrederickson writes:

Thanks, everybody. Glad you all enjoyed it. I had a ton of reporting that couldn't fit into the story, so I'm going to be posting a blog on Barton as well. It should be up Tuesday, so be sure to check it out here: http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/

Great stuff, Ben. Keep up the good work!