John Adams: Smokey gray uniforms should be here to stay

John Adams

Tennessee will pay in-state rival Vanderbilt a high compliment Saturday evening.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

johnjhend#222195 writes:

I was born and raised in Knoxville. As a kid I can remember listening to the exploits of Johnny Majors on the radio. I love the "outdated" orange and white uniforms. I hate the gray uniforms. I think that they look really drab. I mean, what is exciting about gray? Those who did not grow up loving the Vols have no idea what I am talking about.

TommyJack writes:

I was beginning to like the gray as an occasional ensemble. But if Adams likes it, forget it.

Dickattrade writes:

in response to johnjhend#222195:

I agree 100%. on occasions change may be okay,but we are orange and white.

labernathy448#206536 writes:

Sports columnists are spiteful because they have no natural talent or character and only function on envy

psychovol2 writes:

in response to johnjhend#222195:

I'm 57 and have been watching the Vols for over 50 years. I've also had season tickets with my Dad since 1971 and I love the gray. You don't speak for me.

vut5686#1405392 writes:

I will only speak for me. We have been the Vols for a century; that should stay. We have been orange of some shade (daisy yellow way back??) forever and that should stay. If some of the players get charged up over some funky different colors, occasionally, fine; the idea should never be suggested that we are other than orange and white. What drastic change have we seen from AL, Penn State, Florida, USC, Ohio State, etc? They seem proud of their tradition. We should honor ours. Too many players have given their best to entertain us; we should never forget what they wore.