Lady Vols get another top commitment from Oregon in wing player Jaime Nared

Tennessee has gone back to the state of Oregon to land another top women’s basketball prospect.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

This article confuses me. She announced on her twitter on Wednesday that she was going to Tennessee. Wednesday is tomorrow..... Maybe she meant she was going to Tennessee for her official visit which she took this past weekend. I would love a clarification.

DroopyDrawers writes:

Welcome to the Lady Vol family.

GO LADY VOLS!

wigmeister writes:

Welcome to Rocky Top. Can't wait to watch you play!

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

Maybe they fixed this by the time I read it, but it now says she took her visit over this past weekend and announced her commitment on Tuesday. That makes perfect sense to me.

I'm not terribly pleased to see references to a lack of footspeed, given recent LV deficiencies in that area, but I do agree that intelligence, anticipation, and desire can go a long way to make up for a lack of top-end speed. I agree with Jamie that UT's connection to the Northwest is somewhat baffling, but however it came about, I'm glad it exists.

MaxVolFan writes:

Welcome miss Nared. The Volunteer family welcomes you to Rockytop! Man talk about chemistry. These three Oregonians might be the best trio since the Meeks. And if we add Aja Wilson with an already stacked team. Uconn who? Tenn has its dream ream. Now its time to keep this legacy going !
-Not to get into detail. Jannah Tucker had some serious personal issues that made her decommitt . I don't think it had nothing to do with the university.

in response to MaxVolFan:

The rather strange way that whole thing went down led me to believe that it was nothing the LVs did or didn't do, nor was it necessarily the case that she was a nut job. I hope her personal problems, whatever they are, get resolved to the point where she can have a successful life, both on and off the court. It would have been nice to have her, but not if she wasn't into it all the way.

MaxVolFan writes:

in response to johnlg00:

Serious domestic violence was involved. Our prayers go out to her.

in response to MaxVolFan:

Serious domestic violence was involved. Our prayers go out to her.

OUCH! I gladly join you in offering prayers for her safety and recovery.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

I'm not questioning it but I wonder where the information regarding domestic violence came .from

snafu14u#241639 writes:

Surprisingly UT athletics get really good coverage out here in Portland,OR...I suspect that someone on the sports staff at The Oregonian is a UT fan or alumni. Bonzai Vol

MaxVolFan writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

The news hasn't been put out officially by sports writers but our coaches and players and players across the country has express their thoughts and prayers for the young lady in social media, Twitter.

in response to snafu14u#241639:

Very interesting. Do you or anybody else know off-hand if the UT-Oregon pipeline goes back any farther than Angie Bjorkland? She is the first one I can recall at the moment who came to UT from out there.

bostonladyvol writes:

in response to johnlg00:

Angie is from Washington (Spokane area I believe). Laurie Milligan (only male or female player to appear in 4 title games) was the first player for the LV's from Oregon.