Court documents shed light on reasons why Jannah Tucker didn't attend UT (updated with court documents)

Boyfriend of signee charged with assault

New Town rising junior Jannah Tucker competed for the champion U.S. 16-and-under national  team in Mexico last month.

Photo by Jen Rynda

New Town rising junior Jannah Tucker competed for the champion U.S. 16-and-under national team in Mexico last month.

Personal reasons were given when Tennessee women’s basketball signee Jannah Tucker didn’t enroll in school this summer as expected.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

MooseandSquirrelVol writes:

I miss the days when a boy would not THINK of hitting his girlfriend because he KNEW, beyond all doubt, what her daddy would do to him if he did.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

I absolutely agree with Holly's tweet. It's just a shame that idiot wasn't dating Laila Ali. Wouldn't that have made a great story?

DroopyDrawers writes:

Pray for JT.

UTANDNOBAMA writes:

All true... But why does this shed light on why she didn't come to UT?..(head scratch?)

TNlogfire writes:

I guess she means No ONE instead of NO FEMALE......correct...?

Slats writes:

She needs to get rid of that loser and get on with what could be a great future!

MaxVolFan writes:

Not much of a father if he can't protect his daughter from a 19 yr old thug . I would have gotten to him before he had a chance to go to jail. . What a loss . I hope JT bounces back and get the education she deserves.

pudgy102097#218220 writes:

I would have posted his bail. Gave him some Irish sunglasses with a side of, sock full of pennies up side the head.

MetroplexMojo writes:

An iron skillet is a great equalizer

bUTch__please writes:

in response to UTANDNOBAMA:

Because he's been beating the everliving dog-chit out of her in jealous, demented rage and anger. She may never play ball again in any capacity from extreme physical damage that's occurred.

67classut writes:

Heart goes out to this prospect but a H.S. girl in a living arrangement with a boyfriend? I would think prospects' parents would prefer more wholesome teammates. Of course, I suppose there could be an explanation but still....choices?

Rookie2 writes:

No female deserves domestic violence.., just males do. Hmm, little Freudian slip there maybe?

springtx_vol writes:

First, I truly hope that Jannah is not seriously hurt physically and gets help for the mental parts of being abused.

Second, basketball is not the most important thing for her right now, shouldn't be any higher than fourth or fifth on her to worry about list.

However, IF she is okay physically (and the article doesn't say anything about permanent damage even though a post above does), and if she gets the treatment and support that she needs, it appears that she is still eligible to play college basketball. If all of that is true, what better place is there than the Lady Vol program with all of the support they get, in life, in school, and on the court.

Pray that Jannah is able to get her life back where she wants it.

PS - Having a 21 year old daughter myself, I can't imaging what I would to do the slimeball that would physically attack her. I would have to wait in line behind her two brothers and a couple of friends of the family (actually, probably about 100 of those). In my neck of the woods, you don't hit women or girls. Period.

springtx_vol writes:

in response to Rookie2:

I little tongue in cheek, but I have seen some boyfriends/husbands that deserved a little domestic violence themselves with how they treat women.

My father would have given me some physical abuse had I ever hit my wife and he found out about it.

fratricide08 writes:

in response to UTANDNOBAMA:

She was being held hostage for all intents and purposes. Abused and now probably a court witness. Hard to enroll in the Summer when your boyfriend does all that to you.

username writes:

I'll be curious to see if she enrolls elsewhere sometime in the future. Her immediate future, and her separation from this abusive relationship are more important right now.

manoffewwords writes:

Hope she will someday be a whole and happy Lady Vol.

Theo writes:

in response to Rookie2:

Stupid. You know what she meant.

Theo writes:

Well this certainly clears up a few things. How her father and brother are not in jail right now is beyond me and no right minded jury would convict them.
I always thought the Father's Rules about this -
"Remember I own a shotgun, forty acres in the country and my cousin is the sheriff." were pretty darn good.
Fight through it JT - Family, friends and the whole Vol Nation are pulling for you. Thoughts and prayers (and I'm not a religious person generally).

UT_FAN_1 writes:

When you think about it this situation brings up many questions concerning the criteria for
becoming a female athlete, on scholarship, as opposed to male athlete.

johndavid writes:

a

in response to UT_FAN_1:

becoming a female athlete, on scholarship, as opposed to male athlete.

Say what? Explain, please.