GoVols247: Vols' recruiting continues to impress with latest two commitments

(247 Sports)

Four-star juco offensive lineman Dontavius Blair, left, and four-star defensive lineman from Brentwood Academy Derek Barnett are just the latest two in what is becoming an impressive recruiting class for Tennessee. (247 Sports)

A little more than 24 hours after Tennessee received a commitment from four-star offensive tackle Dontavius Blair, the Vols picked up another of their top targets in the 2014 class Wednesday night.

Much like with Blair, it would be difficult to overstate the significance of Top247 senior defensive lineman Derek Barnett of Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy announcing Wednesday that he has committed to Tennessee, choosing the Vols over in-state rival Vanderbilt.

Barnett, who’s ranked the state’s No. 4 overall prospect in the 2014 class by 247Sports, has been one of Tennessee’s top priorities for months.

Continue reading this story at GoVols247, where new signups get FREE access through the end of 2013.

JSmith525 writes:

Great news. The Bricks just keep coming for the Vols.

Hey GVX, let the Trolls back in for like a 24 hr grace period, so that us Vol fans can bash on them. :)

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Looks like CBJ is starting to get some real BRICKS to go along with all those little mosaic tiles with which to build his "house". Getting both Hurd and Barnett in the same class should make quite an impression on all the HS coaches and players in the state. We all know that the Vols have to recruit lots of out-of-state players to be competitive in the SEC, but if they can regularly reel in the cream of the in-state crop, that is a pretty good place to start or finish a great class.

bUTch__please writes:

in response to JSmith525:

Great news. The Bricks just keep coming for the Vols.

1. 26 commitments and 12 of them are 4 stars. I stone cold guarantee Coach Jones' 2 and 3 star commits were offered because they are real players...not class fillers.

2. Not really. It wouldn't help.

Jeffy - You idiots said the same thing about your heart-throb Dooley Dittles and what did that get ya? Hamilton was the worst AD ever and now the whole state of Alabama is in Grecian Formula Harts office. You think these commits are gonna sign??? No way. They know Jabber Jones is a fake and they are all gonna stiff him. You people are suckers!
Ummmmm....does this dress make my butt look big??

Professional Handicapper - Wow. One whole top ten class huh? Really? That's all you kool-aid drinkers got? How about you get back to me after you sign 8 top ten classes like The Legend of a Man Who Led This Historic Program to it's Last Championship Ever Before He Was Run Off By Those Who Don't Appreciate Greatness of a Coaching God Manifest in a Humble Human Form. Amen.

Z - How bout you beat us first. 8, morons. Can you count? 8. Titletown has had top ten classes for how many years??? MORE THAN 8 MORONS!!!!!! Momma! You made my sammich yet??? Bring it down stairs now, I'm hungry. Don't forget to cut the crust off this time...you hear me Momma?

I can live without it.

ProudVol writes:

in response to bUTch__please:

2. Not really. It wouldn't help.

Ummmmm....does this dress make my butt look big??

I can live without it.

Too funny. I don't miss them at all.

JSmith525 writes:

in response to ProudVol:

Too funny. I don't miss them at all.

JSmith525 writes:

yep bUTch, things are turning around on the hill. Good things are coming!

armydawg53 writes:

Tennessee goes out and gets all these good players and then I don't know what happens to them. (paraphrasing the Old Ball Coach)