GVX TV | Double Coverage Tennessee vs South Carolina
1) Hello Orange: Presumably, the Vols will run through the ‘T’ in the traditional orange home uniforms Saturday. The smokey gray uniforms helped spike the energy level against Georgia but Tennessee bleeds orange, not gray. And it’s a little too early to break out Halloween black like the Vols did against South Carolina in 2009.
2) Playmakers: UT’s offense is a work in progress and it did show progress last time out against Georgia in one vital area — players making plays. Pig Howard and Marquez North, in particular, are getting more confident with the ball in their hands. There is still a big upside.
3) Pride of Rock Hill: The most important playmaker is the quarterback. Junior Justin Worley, from Rock Hill, S.C., must build on his second-half momentum against Georgia and continue to be dynamic and decisive against the home-state school.
4) Band of Brothers: This will be an emotional and potentially awkward day for that game-day staple, The Pride of the Southland Band. After a controversial week, will they be embraced by the crowd? Most likely.
GVX TV | GVX Spotlight: Looking ahead to South Carolina
5) So Long Steve?: Steve Spurrier, an historical nemesis, could conceivably be making his last Neyland Stadium appearance. The Ol’ Ball Coach is 68 and while he hasn’t been talking about retirement, it’s worth asking: Will he still be on the sideline at 70 for South Carolina’s next visit?