Plan is to feed both Jarnell Stokes, Jeronne Maymon the ball in the post

Both are on menu to get ball inside

Jarnell Stokes and Josh Richardson run drills during the men's basketball team's practice at University of Tennessee's Pratt Pavillion in Knoxville on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013.  (ADAM LAU/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Adam Lau

Jarnell Stokes and Josh Richardson run drills during the men's basketball team's practice at University of Tennessee's Pratt Pavillion in Knoxville on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013. (ADAM LAU/NEWS SENTINEL)

It wasn’t fair, and Jordan McRae knew it. But now he’s had a taste of the trouble the Tennessee men’s basketball team hopes to give opponents this season.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

TNlogfire writes:

Love to hear that about Hubbs...hope he's not a one-and-done...but if he is, that probably means we've had a great season..

Ought to be a lot of fun in TBA this year. Any reduction in physical play, especially in the post, can only help the Vols. Somewhat ironically, with the new rules and the additional perimeter firepower the Vols will have this year, it would be much harder to effectively double-team Stokes even without Maymon back. If everybody stays healthy, we should be enjoying Vol basketball well into the spring this year.

But really, KNS! "MaymoM"? I know this article was composed by an AP writer, but YOU people are responsible for the headlines!

Dang! At a second glance, the article was written by one of YOUR OWN writers! In fairness, she had it spelled right in the article. Do not give the headline writing to anybody who doesn't know UT sports or isn't smart enough to ASK somebody if he/she isn't SURE about a spelling.

VictorKrugerII writes:

in response to johnlg00:

John I missed that one! I was still obsessing over "Jarness Stokes" listed in a picture caption a few weeks ago. I wonder if the KNS is going to get a full-time men's BB beat writer to replace Quinn. I would make a crack about them putting all their resources on football, but they have no resources besides Adams, Strange, Woodbery, Fleser and the intern Gage Arnold! Nonetheless, I don't need any writers to tell me what I can see with my own eyes: this is going to be a great year for UT basketball!

BenFrederickson writes:

Hey folks,

Ben Frederickson here. Since the question came up, I wanted to let you all know I will be covering the UT men's basketball team this season. I just started at the News Sentinel this past week. Brendan Quinn did a great job on the beat, and I hope to pick up where he left off. Questions? Story ideas? Tips? You can contact me anytime at ben.frederickson@knoxnews.com.

in response to BenFrederickson:

Hey folks,

Sorry I mistook your gender in one of my posts above! I read your name as "Beth" in my old-age dyslexia. IMHO, Brendan set a pretty high bar in basketball coverage, but this article was a good first try. You will probably see more of my comments on here than most, but I try to be fair. Welcome aboard!

VictorKrugerII writes:

in response to BenFrederickson:

Hey folks,

Great to hear, Ben! I enjoyed Quinn's live chats, and hopefully you could do some too. He did a great job of warding off the inevitable football questions and keeping it fun. As far as story ideas go, I wouldn't mind a little more background on the assistant coaches and their insights into the team. Thanks

in response to VictorKrugerII:

Also more player profiles, especially on the non-stars; lots of guys are going to be seeing action this year that are not well-known as far as backgrounds and areas they are trying to improve in. Of course, anything new or unusual on the guys we sort of think we already know would also be welcome.