1) No Splashing: The Vols aren’t likely to make many (any?) splash plays against Florida’s stingy defense. Thus, the defense can’t afford giving up big plays to Florida’s offense like it did last week against Oregon and last year against these same Gators. Keep eye discipline on Trey Burton.
GVX TV | Double Coverage Tennessee vs. Florida
2) Over-Achieve: Butch Jones has said it repeatedly this week — his team has to over-achieve in order to pull what would be a monumental upset. He’s not kidding. Florida has more talent. It’s a hostile environment. The Vols have to play above themselves and make some magic happen.
3) Forget Oregon: The program’s worst loss since 1910 is so last week. Old business. It felt terrible walking out of Autzen Stadium but the hangover can’t linger. Mental toughness starts with forgetting.
4) Rivalry Restart: Everyone is moaning about what a bland weekend it is in college football. No big games. UT-Florida should be a big game but the Vols have let down their end of the bargain, losing eight straight to the Gators and falling off the national radar. Time to make this one matter again.
5) As The Worley Turns: Justin Worley will probably start but all eyes will be watching UT’s quarterback rotation today. Is this the day Worley rises to the occasion? Or the day someone else gets a shot?