Another week, another quarterback battle for Tennessee

Jones: QB will be decided during practice

MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL

Photo by Michael Patrick

MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL Tennessee quarterback Nathan Peterman, center, manages to get the pass off Saturday against Florida in Gainesville, Fla.

Turning over the offense to a young quarterback against a top-ranked defense in the Swamp was a calculated risk by a Tennessee coaching staff seeking to revive to a stagnant offense.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

TNlogfire writes:

Dang, Evan...you beat the adams "article" all to hell...keep improving...the "Sub-Merged" headline on KNS was god-awful as I'm sure you know....one brick at a time...

TommyJack writes:

I'm guessing you'll see 100% Worlely against S.AL....unless he totally screws the pooch.

AtLannaVFL writes:

in response to TommyJack:

If I'm the pooch, I'm drinking heavily and hiding under the couch.

slb1zellwood#1421797 writes:

in response to kns_loves_2_remove:

Your comments are sick. Look in the mirror and you will see a real idiot. I often wonder Where people like you come from?

c9bcc writes:

Which qb does the team have the most confidence in.

gc_scvol writes:

in response to kns_loves_2_remove:

I can see why KNS loves to remove your posts. I have suggested that they remove this post as well. Your opinion is your opinion, that's OK. However calling CBJ an idioot only reveals who the true idiot is. Thought when this site went to a pay site, people such as you would be eliminated. Guess I was wrong. One things for sure the real idiot has been revealed by your post. Just Sayin... All Vol..All the
Time

formervol1950s writes:

in response to gc_scvol:

Time

Way to go gc scvol...I'm sure you speak for a lot of us !

volbald writes:

WE need a QB who can keep the offense on the field and keep the margin of defeat smaller when we play SEC teams. If one of the freshmen can do it better than Worley-play him. If the freshman aren't any better than Peterson, leave them on the bench. If either freshmen can learn something from playing against South Alabama, play him/them.

in response to volbald:

With Peterman out indefinitely with the injured hand, I guess it's time to find out what Ferguson, the presumptive favorite, can do. Even if Worley plays decently, and I am OK with him as the starter for now, one big hit or other mishap will require somebody else to step up. In any case, I guess we all found out Saturday that there are worse things than "no pizzazz" in the offense.