GVX TV | Double Coverage Tennessee vs South Alabama
1) Get the ‘W’: Oregon and Florida are in the rearview mirror. Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina await in October. Today is an oasis in Tennessee’s barren journey through college football’s Top 25. The Vols need to quench their thirst and also stock up on some good will to get them through a dry month ahead.
2) Pickapalozza: The Vols’ defense has been downright larcenous, pilfering eight interceptions. Good thing, too, because third-down defense has been porous. Anybody up for a Pick 6 today?
3) Keep up with Joneses: South Alabama’s coach is Joey Jones. The leading rusher is Jay Jones. The leading receiver is Jeremé Jones. The starting defensive tackle is Romelle Jones. The Vols need to know which is which or UT coach Butch Jones will be unhappy.
4) QB Debut: Odds are Justin Worley starts at quarterback for the Vols. But one of two freshmen, Riley Ferguson or Joshua Dobbs, are likely to make their collegiate debuts today against the Jaguars. Odd man out remains a redshirt candidate.
5) Third Target: Marquez North and Pig Howard have emerged as UT’s top two receivers with 112 yards each. The jury is still out on a third option. Josh Smith and Jason Croom have had typical freshman ups and downs. Today is a chance to make their case.