Ariel Massengale day-to-day after being hit in face

SAUL YOUNG/NEWS SENTINEL

Photo by Saul Young, 2014 Knoxville News Sentinel

SAUL YOUNG/NEWS SENTINEL Tennessee’s Ariel Massengale after being hit in the face during Thursday’s win over Florida at Thompson-Boling Arena. Massengale is day-to-day.

While Tennessee didn’t practice for very long on Friday, Ariel Massengale didn’t practice at all.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

WaitUntilNextYear writes:

Give me a break!
It wasn't that bad!
This has become the scam in college athletics on national tv, even in the NFL!
If you have a concussion or a broken ankle then I wish you the best.
If you like many athletes today wobble on the court/field while the cameras close in so you can get a little empathy, give me a pass, college athletes today are soft and want the love, adoration, and sensitivity. Get up, wipe your nose/eyes and get back in the game!
Earn the admiration by fighting through your pain and deliver a conference championship to UT, if you have the guts to do it starting at A&M Sunday. Give me a break!

Theo writes:

in response to WaitUntilNextYear:

Give me a break!
It wasn't that bad!
This has become the scam in college athletics on national tv, even in the NFL!
If you have a concussion or a broken ankle then I wish you the best.

Wow, u r truly amazing. I don't have the words to express my thoughts on your post.

WaitUntilNextYear writes:

i was truly hopping you would respond.
Wring your hands, say something to rip me and kiss it to feel better.
If she truly is seriously hurt I apologize and wish her the best as I previously remarked.
If not for whatever personal or team decision then get tough and give me a break.
Don't use this to not bring your "A" game to College Station.
Lose another and you won't be grinding in Nashville!

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

Give us all a break and find another site to post on until you can come up with something remotely positive to say about any UT sports program.

RLL59 writes:

It's quite clear from the sparse comments regarding the Florida game that there is declining interest in the Lady Vols. I subscribe to the KNS, so do not pay extra to post, but I'll assume some of the lack of comments this year is due to access issues. Most of the people who seemed to be Coach Summitt fans first and Lady Vol fans only because she was coaching, are absent. I hope fan interest isn't down because of frustrated expectations. It's still a bit early for that. But changes in the current strategy are required if the team is to get close to achieving its goals.

Theo writes:

Think it is a cost issue. I avoided it for a while but missed being able to read about the LVs. Nashville newspaper does very little on any UT sports. Too busy reporting on the Titans third string punters hang nail. So now I pay for two subscriptions. Go Vols!

MaxVolFan writes: