Obama predicts UConn in his women's NCAA bracket

FILE - In this Apri 7, 2013, file photo, Connecticut head coach Geno Auriemma reacts against Notre Dame during the second half at the women's Final Four semifinal NCAA college basketball game in New Orleans.  Auriemma is used to high expectations at UConn. With four starters back from last season's national championship team, a NCAA record ninth title is within reach.  (AP Photo/Dave Martin, File)

FILE - In this Apri 7, 2013, file photo, Connecticut head coach Geno Auriemma reacts against Notre Dame during the second half at the women's Final Four semifinal NCAA college basketball game in New Orleans. Auriemma is used to high expectations at UConn. With four starters back from last season's national championship team, a NCAA record ninth title is within reach. (AP Photo/Dave Martin, File)

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is predicting a repeat championship for Connecticut in the NCAA women's basketball tournament.

Obama's women's bracket was revealed in an ESPN segment Friday, the eve of the tournament's start.

Click for printable NCAA Women’s Final Four bracket

He is putting two undefeated teams, Connecticut and Notre Dame, in the April 8th final. He has Stanford and Louisville rounding out the Final Four.

Obama says he knows it gets boring to keep picking Connecticut. But he predicts he'll be hosting the Huskies at the White House once again.

At last year's ceremony, the president promised Connecticut center Stefanie Dolson that he would take her on in a dance-off if she made it back.

He tells ESPN he'll stick to the promise, "as long as it's not televised."

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

Who cares what he predicts? In this case it might be the ONLY correct decision he's made in the past 5+ years. And the shame of it all is this is not a political decision.

nanny334#1419965 writes:

Obama needs to pay a lot more attention to presidential problems and a whole lot less on the golf course and basketball..

MichaelL writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

Yeah, but your comment is totally political. And on a sports story. Sheesh.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

in response to MichaelL:

Yeah, but your comment is totally political. And on a sports story. Sheesh.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this article about sports on a sports related website? Based on the main character in the article it couldn't help but have a certain political overtone. So lets keep it strictly about sports. I believe odds is a term usually related to sports so what are the odds that most people agree with me? Right now it appears to be two for and one against.

81volguy writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

Make it 2-2. I'm sure you were equally outraged when the "W" was on vacation when 3,000 people were killed during 9/11. Grow up and be consistent.

murrayvol writes:

in response to 81volguy:

Make it 3-2. Political comments should remain in the echo chambers on both sides. GBO

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

in response to 81volguy:

Here's a shocking response for you but yes I was outraged. Along with that fiasco I was also outraged with his starting the bailouts of big business and excessive spending that took place during his administration. I have been taught over my 73 years that right is right and wrong is wrong. Fortunately I am intelligent to know the difference.It's still 2-2.

RLL59 writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

Life is miserable, isn't it? Getting up before 6am to find there's no new outrageous posts to the Letters to the Editor, and deciding that each day should start with political animosity to whichever administration is in power. If you had just waited for an hour or so, there would have been plenty of new unsubstantiated political posts on the Opinion pages...to which you could have added your experienced enlightened views.

UT4prez writes:

Silly me. I read these comments thinking there would be something about UConn. I figured there'd would be people talking about the picks themselves. Or how about how screwed up they have the sites/seeding? UConn possibly having to face Nebraska in Lincoln, Stanford possibly getting a home game against South Carolina, and oh yeah UT vs Louisville at Louisville. The women's committee needs to get their heads on straight. That's just flat wrong. Meanwhile Notre Dame plays the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 on their own floor. To me, either never allow someone to play on their own floor or just do it in the first 2 rounds if it's needed for more tickets sales but it should ALWAYS favor the better seed!

Share your thoughts