Tennessee hopes coaching stability brings success
Updated 3/6/2014 at 4:43 p.m. 0 comments
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The big difference at Tennessee this spring is how much has stayed the same.
Chris Spognardi promoted to Vols' director of football operations
Published 3/6/2014 at 1:22 p.m. 0 comments
Chris Spognardi has been promoted to Tennessee's director of football operations after serving as an assistant to head coach Butch Jones during his first year and a half in Knoxville.
Vols injury list grows, but Butch Jones says players are 'hungry' for challenge on eve of spring ball
Published 3/6/2014 at 12:56 p.m. 0 comments
Starting tight end Brendan Downs and reserve wide receiver Drae Bowles will miss spring ball due to injury, coach Butch Jones said Thursday during a pre-spring press conference at Neyland Stadium.
Butch Jones pre-spring press conference: Live updates from Neyland Stadium
Published 3/6/2014 at 11:53 a.m. 0 comments
Tennessee coach Butch Jones will preview the Vols' spring practice season at a press conference Thursday at Neyland Stadium.
Five spring questions for Tennessee Vols
Published 3/6/2014 at 9:17 a.m. 0 comments
KNOXVILLE — This time a year ago in Tennessee's football program, just about everything was new.
Contracts show Nike significantly outbid adidas on new apparel deal
Published 3/5/2014 at 9:32 p.m. 5 comments
Amid all the talk about the power of the Nike brand and the way its trademark swoosh holds sway over teenagers, there was another factor that may have been even more important in pushing Tennessee to leave its long-standing relationship ...
Alton Howard away from team, Gregory Clark departs, as spring practice nears for Vols
Published 3/4/2014 at 9:18 p.m. 1 comment
Tennessee junior receiver Alton “Pig” Howard is away from the team and won’t return for the Vols’ spring practice season that begins Friday.
Freshman Neiko Creamer to start his career at linebacker
Published 3/4/2014 at 1:58 p.m. 3 comments
Tennessee will have some new faces at new positions when the Vols take the field on Friday for the first practice of the spring session. Freshman athlete Nieko Creamer, one of 14 early enrollees who will practice this spring, will ...
Alton "Pig" Howard, Vols' top pass-catcher in 2013, won't participate in spring practice
Published 3/4/2014 at 12:57 p.m. 3 comments
Junior receiver Alton “Pig” Howard won’t participate in Tennessee’s spring practice period that begins on Friday.
In SEC recruiting, most schools stick close to home
Published 3/1/2014 at 3:43 p.m. 2 comments
College coaches who brag of recruiting that begins in their own backyard are doing more than just spouting a cliché.
Alcohol citations against 7 Vols set to be dismissed after Thursday hearing
Published 2/27/2014 at 2:03 p.m. 9 comments
Less than three weeks after authorities charged a dozen current and former Tennessee players after breaking up a loud party, the legal cases stemming from the incident have largely been resolved.
A week from spring ball, Butch Jones anticipates quicker, stronger Vols
Updated 2/26/2014 at 6:52 p.m. 24 comments
Tennessee coach Butch Jones thought he had a good handle on the distractions facing his players until a guest speaker this week pointed out that many college students shower with their cell phones.
Four former Vol offensive linemen take part in NFL Combine
Published 2/22/2014 at 7:03 p.m. 1 comment
Tight ends, offensive linemen and special teams players worked out as a part of the NFL Combine on Saturday in Indianapolis.
Linebacker A.J. Johnson on track to have charges from apartment party dismissed
Published 2/21/2014 at 3:13 p.m. 7 comments
Tennessee senior linebacker A.J. Johnson will have all charges wiped from his record if he completes community service and an alcohol class in the next 90 days, according to a Knox County General Sessions clerk.
[UPDATE] Danny O'Brien must submit to an alcohol assessment, gets 40 hours of community service
Updated 2/20/2014 at 7:30 p.m. 10 comments
Charges against Tennessee defensive tackle Danny O’Brien and former linebacker Dontavis Sapp will be dismissed if they meet certain requirements over the next six months, a Knox County General Sessions Court clerk said on Thursday.
- Mar 8th 2014 Photos of the Vols' first spring…
- Mar 7th 2014 Photos of the Vols' first spring…
- Feb 5th 2014 National Signing Day celebration
- Jan 1st 2014 Mississippi State steams Rice, 44-7
- Dec 6th 2013 Antonio 'Tiny' Richardson's time with…
- Dec 4th 2013 Tennessee Season in Review
- Dec 1st 2013 Vols defeat Kentucky 27-14
- Dec 1st 2013 Tennessee's memorable moments of the…
- Nov 23rd 2013 Vols fall to Vanderbilt 14-10
- Nov 9th 2013 Auburn defeats Tennessee, 55-23
- Nov 9th 2013 University of Tennessee 2013 Homecoming
- Nov 2nd 2013 Tennessee loses to Missouri, 31-3
- Mar 8th 2014 Tennessee linebacker Corey Vereen and…
- Mar 8th 2014 Tennessee football practice on March…
- Mar 7th 2014 Butch Jones comments on day one of…
- Mar 7th 2014 Curt Maggitt speaks after the first…
- Mar 7th 2014 Riley Ferguson feels confident after…
- Mar 7th 2014 2014 Spring Practice: Day One
- Mar 6th 2014 Jones talks special teams at…
- Mar 6th 2014 Jones says Maggitt leads team on and…
- Mar 6th 2014 Butch Jones on Tennessee's offense
- Mar 6th 2014 Jones addresses depth, youth in roster
- Mar 6th 2014 Butch Jones on Tennessee's quarterbacks
- Mar 6th 2014 Year-over-year growth for Jones' program